KIP Speaker Video Library - new recording - Tony Alexander
Our most recent speaker talks are available to view for paid KIP subscribers via our speaker video library: https://www.kiwisinproperty.com/speaker-videos.
New this month is recorded interview with Tony Alexander, NZ Economy Guru and former Chief Economist of the BNZ. In a very entertaining hour Tony covers off the resilience of the NZ economy in the face of the pandemic, the reasons behind NZ's high levels of housing unaffordability and what can be done about it. Tony also touched on trans-Tasman migration, the pandemic induced "brain gain", potential future booms and busts in housing construction and likely future labour shortages. Check it out!
Kiwi deal-flow club
After many Zoom calls in 2020 we are delighted to say that the KIP deal-flow club is expanding exponentially, not only from within the Kiwi community but also to our non-Kiwi friends through quality introductions from the network. We are pleased at the engagement and the transaction breadth we are covering, but most of all we are delighted that we have been able to get great deals to active investors. If you have property you would like to look at selling discreetly, or your buying requirements have been updated, please let us know so we can assist. You can get in touch with Bryce at [email protected] or Patrick Ryan at [email protected]
Become a KIP financial supporter
Help us to keep going and growing and become a paid KIP subscriber. An annual membership sub of just £49 entitles you to free entry to all our speaker events and webinars, discount access to social events, access to our speaker video library and the ability to post your profile in our KIP membership directory and vacancies to the KIP jobs board for free. Just log in, go to your profile dashboard and press subscribe - easy as that. A big thanks to all our subscribed members for their ongoing support to help make this a great kiwi community. We are always happy to have a chat about corporate sponsorship opportunities too - just get in contact with [email protected]
Changed jobs or moved back to NZ?
Don't forget to update your details so we stay in touch. If you have decided to head back to NZ don't forget the KIP network back home. Check out the KIP LinkedIn group for NZ based members you can get in touch with and shout if we can help with introductions.
Thinking about returning to NZ?
We are hosting a free online panel event with a group of fellow Property Kiwis who have returned home over the past 18 months. What was the experience like? how is the jobs market? what do they wish they had known before they left? Register your free place at
14th July 2021 - Returning to live & work in NZ - the pros and cons discussed by a panel of recently returned Kiwis - FREE EVENT - 8am UK Time (7pm NZ Time) (kiwisinproperty.com)
Our jobseekers page is actively in use. Please support any new arrivals with a (virtual) coffee and guidance whenever you can. We all remember what it was like being new to London and how good it was to grab a flat white with another kiwi who could give us a steer in the right direction
If you have recently arrived in London (or NZ) and are looking for work in the property or insurance sectors get in touch with [email protected]
and we can put you touch with our extensive network.
Job Vacancies - UK
Sales role in Real Estate insurance
We are looking for someone to join our real estate insurance new business team in a junior to mid level role. The insurance part we can teach but property experience, passion and a network of contacts in the sector would be an advantage. We need someone with an outgoing attitude, persistence, adaptability and super organisational skills. If you think that is you or you know someone suitable get in touch at [email protected]
Job Vacancies - NZ
Are you a Registered Valuer or Broker returning home to NZ?
JLL is looking for New Zealand Registered Valuers and Brokers to join our teams in Wellington, Christchurch and Auckland.
We are looking for New Zealand Registered Valuers with plant or commercial Valuation experience, and Brokers with retail, industrial and office leasing experience that are highly organised and self-motivated. Join us, a global market leader, to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences.
Please send your CV to Taytum at [email protected]
If you have vacancy in the UK, NZ or anywhere else that you would like to advertise to our 1000 strong Kiwi property professional readership please get in touch [email protected]
KIP have partnered with Halo Financial to allow our members to access discounted exchange rates for Kiwi dollars – contact Geraldine Collett on +44 (0)20 7350 5470 or [email protected] and let her know KIP sent you to access the best deal.
Member Profile -
60 Seconds with…
Cushman and Wakefield
Marketing Director, Flexible Workspace EMEA
Kiwi fun facts
- What is your connection with the property sector?
- I worked as part of the INDEGO Team at Cushman & Wakefield. Establishing and operating Flexible workspaces on behalf of Landlords
- How long have you been in the UK?
- What piece of advice would you give a fellow Kiwi new to London?
- Take advantage of networks like this and contacts that you already have in the UK. Coming to London can be pretty overwhelming for most people, so having some friendly faces and/or connections that can give you tips about areas to live, job-hunting etc can make those first months a lot easier to navigate.
- What makes you proud to be a Kiwi?
- The ability most Kiwis have to be agile and adaptable and to be generally open and honest people.
- How can other KIP members help you?
- If you have any clients considering flexible workspace as part of their portfolio, send them my way. We can offer a consultancy service to help them determine the right proposition and implementation.
- How can you help other KIP members?
- Happy to give advice to anyone who is looking for a property marketing role in London or anyone who wants to talk about market trends in the Flexible Workspace world.
- Favourite NZ Sporting Personality?
- Stretching back far and scandals aside, I would say Chris Cairns. Cricket was a big part of our family activities growing up in NZ, and we were big Canterbury supporters
- Favourite NZ beach?
- Not really a beach but the Queenstown bay at Lake Wakatipu. Lots of happy memories meeting up with friends and family there
- NZ food you miss most?
- Feijoas – It’s the one thing you just can’t get here.
- Who would you most like to sit beside on your next trip back to NZ and why?
- My family! I’ve only had the chance to take my daughter to NZ once when she was much younger, and I would love to take her back again.
Discounts for KIP members
Volcano Coffee are kindly offering discount code for KIP members – “KIAORA” will give the KIP community 25% off Volcano coffee online https://volcanocoffeeworks.com/
Don't forget that you can follow KIP on Facebook or Instagram and/or join our LinkedIn Group, by clicking on the icons below.