KIP Speaker Video Library - UK Commercial Property Update
Our most recent speaker talks are available to view for paid KIP subscribers via our speaker video library: https://www.kiwisinproperty.com/speaker-videos.
New this month is our evening in conversation with Brian Sweeney, Co-Founder of Sweeney Vesty and joining us all the way from New York City. Brian covered a lot of fascinating ground including his journey from road manager to the Topp Twins to managing PR messaging for some of the biggest corporations in the world. We also got some great insights into the US economy and property market post pandemic. Check it out!
Kiwi deal-flow club
After many Zoom calls in 2020 we are delighted to say that the KIP deal-flow club is expanding exponentially, not only from within the Kiwi community but also to our non-Kiwi friends through quality introductions from the network. We are pleased at the engagement and the transaction breadth we are covering, but most of all we are delighted that we have been able to get great deals to active investors. If you have property you would like to look at selling discreetly, or your buying requirements have been updated, please let us know so we can assist. You can get in touch with Bryce at [email protected] or Patrick Ryan at [email protected]
Become a KIP financial supporter
Help us to keep going and growing and become a paid KIP subscriber. An annual membership sub of just £49 entitles you to free entry to all our speaker events and webinars, discount access to social events, access to our speaker video library and the ability to post your profile in our KIP membership directory and vacancies to the KIP jobs board for free. Just log in, go to your profile dashboard and press subscribe - easy as that. A big thanks to all our subscribed members for their ongoing support to help make this a great kiwi community. We are always happy to have a chat about corporate sponsorship opportunities too - just get in contact with bry[email protected]
Changed jobs or moved back to NZ?
Don't forget to update your details so we stay in touch. If you have decided to head back to NZ don't forget the KIP network back home. Check out the KIP LinkedIn group for NZ based members and shout if we can help with introductions.
For those returning to NZ wanting some insight into the associated challenges and opportunities we encourage you to take a look at this panel discussion organised by Kea and Kerridge & Partners Leveraging Global Kiwis for Aotearoa New Zealand — Kerridge & Partners
Our jobseekers page is actively in use. Please support any new arrivals with a (virtual) coffee and guidance whenever you can. We all remember what it was like being new to London and how good it was to grab a flat white with another kiwi who could give us a steer in the right direction
A big congrats to Claire Woo who has landed a marketing role at Allianz insurance after a few months of persistence during lockdown!
If you have recently arrived in London (or NZ) and are looking for work in the property or insurance sectors get in touch with [email protected]
and we can put you touch with our extensive network.
Job Vacancies - UK
Sales role in Real Estate insurance
I am looking for someone to join our real estate insurance new business team in a junior to mid level role. The insurance part we can teach but property experience, passion and a network of contacts in the sector would be an advantage. We need someone with an outgoing attitude, persistence, adaptability and super organisational skills. If you think that is you or you know someone suitable get in touch at [email protected]
Job Vacancies - NZ
Are you a registered Valuer returning home to NZ?
CBRE are looking for New Zealand Registered Valuers to join our Commercial Valuation team nationally.
We are looking for New Zealand Registered Valuers with ANZIV or aiming toward ANZIV with Commercial Valuation experience, that are highly organised, self-motivated with initiative.CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services is a well established and successful top tier business with high profile clients. If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you, then please contact us!
Please send your resume to Jessica at [email protected]
If you have vacancy in the UK, NZ or anywhere else that you would like to advertise to our 1000 strong Kiwi property professional readership please get in touch [email protected]
KIP have partnered with Halo Financial to allow our members to access discounted exchange rates for Kiwi dollars – contact Geraldine Collett on +44 (0)20 7350 5470 or [email protected] and let her know KIP sent you to access the best deal.
Member Profile -
60 Seconds with…
Lan Stringer (think Lana)
Investor Relations Manager
- What is your connection with the property sector? – I work for Landsec (Land Securities Group PLC) one of the leading real estate companies in the UK. Our £11.8 billion portfolio spans 24 million sq ft and we own and manage some of the most successful and memorable real estate in the UK such as the Piccadilly Lights!
- How long have you been in the UK? Almost 9 years (although I am currently working from New Zealand due to a bereavement).
- What piece of advice would you give a fellow Kiwi new to London? Try to expand your social circles and make some British pals! It’s hard seeing kiwi friends come and go who are only able to stay for a couple of years. Also, enjoy the cheaper groceries (especially cheese!).
- What makes you proud to be a Kiwi?- Our can-do attitude, work ethic and our strong sense of community.
- How can other KIP members help you? We recently launched our new strategy and one of our strategic priorities it to grow through urban opportunities. I’d love to hear form anyone who has experience in this area. To grow through urban opportunities is not about specific assets or sectors, but about bringing people together – communities, business, government, providers of capital – to envision and ultimately deliver the urban environments of the future.
Kiwi fun facts
- How can you help other KIP members? I am always happy to have a chat and offer what I can from my experiences over the last 9 years so do reach out. There are some great people at Landsec (including a number of Kiwis) so am also happy to arrange a chat with a colleague if you are interested in a particular area. Unfortunately for now, Landsec does not offer UK visa sponsorship
- Favourite NZ Sporting Personality? – Has to be Richie, how can it not be?! What. A. Guy.
- Favourite NZ beach? - Kaiteriteri Beach
- NZ food you miss most? Mince and cheese pies, although I’m getting my fill at the moment
- Who would you most like to sit beside on your next trip back to NZ and why? – Michael McIntyre! It’s been a rough 12 months for everyone and I’m a big fan of his comedy.
Discounts for KIP members
Volcano Coffee are kindly offering discount code for KIP members – “KIAORA” will give the KIP community 25% off Volcano coffee online https://volcanocoffeeworks.com/
Don't forget that you can follow KIP on Facebook or Instagram and/or join our LinkedIn Group, by clicking on the icons below.