KIP Speaker Video Library
Our speaker talks are recorded and available to view for paid KIP subscribers via our speaker video library: https://www.kiwisinproperty.com/speaker-videos.
Check it out!
Kiwi deal-flow club
After many Zoom calls in 2020 we are delighted to say that the KIP deal-flow club is expanding exponentially, not only from within the Kiwi community but also to our non-Kiwi friends through quality introductions from the network. We are pleased at the engagement and the transaction breadth we are covering, but most of all we are delighted that we have been able to get great deals to active investors. If you have property you would like to look at selling discreetly, or your buying requirements have been updated, please let us know so we can assist. You can get in touch with Bryce at [email protected] or Patrick Ryan at [email protected]
Become a KIP financial supporter
Help us to keep going and growing and become a paid KIP subscriber. An annual membership sub of just £49 entitles you to free entry to all our speaker events and webinars, discount access to social events, access to our speaker video library and the ability to post your profile in our KIP membership directory and vacancies to the KIP jobs board for free. Just log in, go to your profile dashboard and press subscribe - easy as that. A big thanks to all our subscribed members for their ongoing support to help make this a great kiwi community. We are always happy to have a chat about corporate sponsorship opportunities too - just get in contact with [email protected]
Changed jobs or moved back to NZ?
Don't forget to update your profile details so we stay in touch. If you have decided to head back to NZ don't forget the KIP network back home. Check out the KIP LinkedIn group for NZ based members you can get in touch with and shout if we can help with introductions.
Our jobseekers page is actively in use. Please support any new arrivals with a (virtual) coffee and guidance whenever you can. We all remember what it was like being new to London and how good it was to grab a flat white with another kiwi who could give us a steer in the right direction
If you have recently arrived in London (or NZ) and are looking for work in the property or insurance sectors get in touch with [email protected]
and we can put you touch with our extensive network.
HIRING?? If you have job vacancy in the UK, NZ or anywhere else that you would like to advertise to our 1000 strong Kiwi property professional readership please get in touch [email protected]
KIP have partnered with Halo Financial to allow our members to access discounted exchange rates for Kiwi dollars – contact Geraldine Collett on +44 (0)20 7350 5470 or [email protected] and let her know KIP sent you to access the best deal.
Returning to NZ: Interview with KIP Alumnus Natasha Sarkar of CBRE NZ
• How long were you in the UK?
Three years, out of NZ five years.
• What work were you doing in London?
Residential development and investment (build to rent) valuations and advisory at JLL London.
• When did you return to NZ?
February 2020 – not Covid induced luckily.
• How was your experience of moving home in the pandemic environment?
.I moved back just before lockdown and managed to buy a house they day of lockdown, so I’ve had a lot of good luck on my side to make things pretty seamless. 2021 is proving pretty optimistic in terms of work, so it feels we are out of the woods somewhat now.
• Anything you wish you knew before you left the UK?
That shipping to NZ isn’t wildly expensive – I wish I’d bought more trinkets and house stuff, no easy amazon in NZ!
• What work are you doing now in NZ?
I am the Director of Structured Transactions & Advisory Services at CBRE, where I’m establishing a Build-to-Rent valuations and advisory capability.
• How was the job-hunting experience? Any tips for others?
- When you do visit NZ for a holiday, I think it’s worth catching up with a few people in your property network for coffee’s. I’d mentioned to my old employer that I might look to move back in the next year or so, so let me know if any roles are coming up etc.
- I toyed with working in Hong Kong or Singapore for a few years on my way back. So I made my most recent visits to NZ to layover in both cities for a working day and I meet with people for informal interviews. The same could be said for Australia.
• What are your initial impressions of the NZ economy and property sector?
- The sector has really advanced I think. A lot more global business, a lot more cross-over with Aus. More sophisticated investment and products e.g. syndication and various funds are much more established, and they are across sectors.
- So less of the asset specific listed fund and syndicators - more mixed-used and diversified funds.
• What are the biggest challenges working in the NZ environment compared to UK?
- Sometimes stuck in the mentality we are just a population of 5 million.
• Where do you think the future opportunities lie in NZ?
- You don’t have to settle in Auckland - clients and colleagues collaborate so well across the country now.
- Interest in alternative asset classes and funding - particularly in the living sector and syndications. Alternative being - residential, retirement, mixed-use.
- Growth hopefully in ESG /sustainability in real estate as offshore capital demands this.
• What aspect of NZ life have you most enjoyed coming back to?
- Work seems more fruitful in terms of the energy you put into clients and business development. You know at some stage it will pay dividends.
- It’s also a pretty nice feeling being able to buy a home and feel settled.
• Anything you miss about London?
- Having endless new places to explore both in the UK and abroad.
- Also, the beautiful architecture and history.
Discounts for KIP members
Volcano Coffee are kindly offering discount code for KIP members – “KIAORA” will give the KIP community 25% off Volcano coffee online https://volcanocoffeeworks.com/
Don't forget that you can follow KIP on Facebook or Instagram and/or join our LinkedIn Group, by clicking on the icons below.